People Analytics for HR (PAHR) Certification
People Analytics for HR: A New Approach
If you want to advance your HR career, you're going to need to build people analytics skills. In fact, recent research from LinkedIn shows a 61% year-over-year increase in the frequency with which HR Analytics is listed as a skill on professional profiles.
HCI's latest certification program, People Analytics for HR (PAHR), is built on brand new research and industry innovations in data and analytics.
You don't have to be a data analyst or an expert in statistical analysis. But you do need to know how to work with them. If there is one HR credential you can't afford not to have, it's People Analytics for HR.
What You'll Learn
Consult and Collaborate
Work with key stakeholders to define organizational issues
Develop & Test Hypotheses
Balance intuition with an analytical mindset
Interpret People & Organizational Data
Identify patterns and check assumptions
Tell a Story about the Data
Leverage visualization and anticipate reactions
Connect to Organizational Outcomes
Align efforts with organizational strategy and measure impact
How You'll Learn
- Learn by Doing: You're invited to bring a real work challenge to class. Practice your skills working through a case study, then apply what you've learned to what's really going on back at the office.
- Connect and Communicate: The PAHR course agenda features plenty of time for hands-on activities, lively discussion with peers and colleagues, and exploration of research and best practices.
- Bring It Home: Not only will you walk away with new ideas for addressing your people analytics challenges, you'll also get access to tools and templates to support your ongoing efforts back on the job.
Like all of HCI's certification programs, PAHR is designed to help you better align talent initiatives to organizational objectives. All of our programs are led by expert facilitators with decades of combined experience in HR and talent strategy. Explore our approach to education and meet our facilitators here.
Who Should Enroll?
The PAHR certification program is designed for HR leaders and practitioners who are still building their analytics capabilities. If any of the descriptions below sound like you, your team, or your organization, PAHR is the critical next step on your development journey.
- We need to improve our foundational analytics skills, such as validating a hypothesis or determining the strength of a correlation.
- We produce/access reports using people data, but we don't use them for recommendations or decision-making.
- We rely on our intuition and experience more than on qualitative and quantitative data.
- There is no consistent process or methodology for using data to produce insights for key stakeholders.
- We want to keep our seat at the table with our stakeholders. That means we need to be able to interpret data and act on it, just like they do.
- HR Business Partner
- HR Generalist
- HR Manager
- HR Professionals specializing in talent acquisition, engagement, L&D, and SWP
This is not a program for data and analytics specialists or HR practitioners who are already using people and business data with great confidence or who can perform complex analyses without the help of a data analyst.
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
This certification has been approved for 13.75 Business recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute. SHRM has pre-approved this certification for 13.75 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
The 13.75 hours completed can be counted toward re-certification for any HCI certification.
This certification has been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute for 13 continuing education credits towards recertification by Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credential holders.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Human Capital Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
- HCI's People Analytics model
- People analytics as part of being a strategic partner to the business
- HCI's Human Capital Management cycle
- Linking to organizational outcomes
- Stakeholder questioning strategy
- What is a hypothesis?
- Balancing experience and intuition with an analytical mindset
- Matching metrics to the problem
- Types and sources of data
- Checking data for completeness and errors
- Identifying groups for analysis
- Descriptive data distribution
- Finding meaningful differences between groups
- Examining a variable across groups
- Comparing groups at different points in time
- Identifying factors that contribute to a pattern or outcome
- Correlation and causation
- Regression analysis
- Checking assumptions to ensure that results are not based on chance
- Making sense of your findings
- Developing an evidence-based recommendation
- Telling a story with data
- Visualizing data: Best practices and resources
- Anticipating reactions
- Putting it all together
- When to use ROI
- Calculating ROI
- Action planning and next steps